Auto Accident Injury Treatment with our Woodstock Chiropractor
Car accidents can be very traumatic to the body and the mind. Even if it was just a minor fender bender, you could still experience pain afterward. Also, it is not uncommon to suffer from a bit of post-traumatic stress disorder after a car accident. If you were involved in a car accident, there are a few things that you should know.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
After a car accident, it is not uncommon to suffer an injury. Certain types of injuries are common in victims of auto collisions. The most common injuries include:
- Head and Brain Injuries: If you hit your head in the accident, it is not uncommon to suffer from a concussion. Also, traumatic brain injuries such as a skull fracture or a brain bleed can occur. Any type of head injury is severe and would require medical attention immediately.
- Neck and Back Injuries: Neck and back injuries occur when your body is suddenly thrown forward and then backward during impact. One of the most common neck injuries is whiplash. The impact can also cause whiplash, back and neck sprains or strains, herniated discs, and spinal cord damage.
- Soft Tissues Injuries: The impact of the collision can cause your tendons, muscles, or ligaments to stretch or tear. The pain from this type of injury can be very severe, and it can be long-lasting.
- Broken Bones: Broken bones can occur during a very powerful collision. This can be very painful, and in some cases, surgery may be required to repair the bones.
- Burn Injuries: If the airbag deployed on impact, it could result in burns on the skin.
Auto Injuries Are Not Always Apparent Immediately
The shock and fear that you feel during a car accident can cause your body to release high doses of adrenaline. When this happens, it can mask the pain of any injuries that you sustained. In some cases, it can be hours and possibly days before you start to feel the pain from the accident. Because of this, you should seek medical attention immediately after the crash just in case. If you are injured, and you don't realize it, your risk harming yourself further.
How A Chiropractor Can Help With Auto Accident Injuries
After being checked out at the hospital, you should make an appointment with a chiropractor. A chiropractic adjustment can relieve the pain associated with neck and back pain, soft tissues injuries, and even head and brain injuries. After the first adjustment, you should begin feeling some relief. Best of all, a chiropractic adjustment can replace the need for prescription pain medications which can become habit forming.
If you were involved in an accident and you are suffering from an auto accident injury, you should make an appointment with Ribley Chiropractic in Woodstock. In time, you will start feeling like your old self again.