Work Injury Treatment With Woodstock Chiropractor Staff
A work injury can be very disruptive and cause physical, mental, and financial strain for you and your family. At Ribley Chiropractic, our chiropractor team addresses the common causes and symptoms of work injury while helping our patients avoid invasive procedures and medications.
Types of Work Injury
Work injuries often come on slowly and progressively, or they can come on suddenly due to some sort of acute incident. Our Woodstock chiropractor staff frequently sees:
- Soft tissue injuries: Rotator cuff tears and tendinitis are common with frequent overhead movement, while epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow) is common among people who use their hands (such as carpenters)
- Nerve impingement: a nerve can become pinched by misaligned joints, a herniated or bulging disc, or other irritated/inflamed structures (common work-related issues include sciatica and carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Back pain and neck pain: weak core muscles, excessive sitting, and generalized strain on the spine can increase your risk for issues like spinal muscle strains, disc herniation, and disc bulge
Common Causes of Work Injury Accident Injury
Do you have a sedentary job or a physically demanding one? Either type of career can put you at risk for a work injury. When we ask our patients to describe their work injury accident injury, we tend to hear the following causes most often:
- Slips, falls, and related on-the-job accidents (common in first responders, construction workers, etc.)
- Poor ergonomics, meaning the way your workspace or desk is set up for physical efficiency and safety
- Poor posture and body mechanics, especially while sitting or lifting
- Repetitive movement (especially in the spine, shoulders, and arms)
Factors outside the workplace—including stress, sleep quality, nutrition, smoking, and activity level—may also increase your risk of an accident.
How Chiropractic Care Can Address Your Work Injury
A Woodstock chiropractor is a great person to consult if you've sustained a work injury. First, you’ll get a comprehensive diagnosis based on physical exam testing, diagnostic imaging (as indicated), and personal history assessment.
Based on the diagnosis, you’ll get an individualized treatment plan which may include services such as:
- Adjustments of the spine and extremities, to realign joints, trigger whole body pain relief by stimulating the nervous system and modulating pain sensations
- Corrective exercises, which can be prescribed for different goals (tissue healing, increased strength, increased endurance, increased range of motion, etc.)
- Lifestyle counseling, to teach you methods that can improve your body mechanics, work ergonomics, etc.
Are You Being Held Back on The Job? Start Your Whole Body Healing Journey With a Chiropractor in Woodstock, GA
Contact Ribley Family Chiropractic today at (770) 592-2505 to schedule an appointment and start healing from your work injury ASAP!