Neck Pain Treatment with our Woodstock Chiropractor
Pain impacts all patients differently, but there's no question that it causes distress and frustration in daily life. Neck pain is no different.
What Is Neck Pain?
Neck pain is pain caused by any dysfunction or injury to the muscles, tissues, bones or discs found in the neck. Abnormalities, injuries, and inflammation can result in neck pain and stiffness that is chronic and long-lasting without treatment.
What Are the Different Types of Neck Pain?
Neck pain comes in several forms. Some types of neck pain include:
- Stiffness from swelling
- Injury from slipped or misaligned discs
- Sharp sensations
- Nerve pain
Common Causes of Neck Pain
There are several common causes of neck pain including:
- Text neck
- Auto accident injuries
- Poor posture
How Can Patients Prevent Neck Pain?
Preventing neck pain isn't always easy, but there are a few things patients can do to help themselves. Treatments for neck pain include ice and heat therapy, stretching and exercise. Rest may help some find pain relief, while others may benefit from over-the-counter pain medications in the short-term.
The problem is that all medication-related treatments do is treat symptoms, not the underlying cause of an injury. Patients need to make sure they adjust their postures, relax muscles and tendons and have a properly aligned spine to eliminate pain and dysfunction completely.
How Does a Chiropractor Treat Neck Pain?
Chronic pain from neck pain is a possibility, but with chiropractic help, the likelihood of lasting pain is reduced. At our office, we believe that prevention is the best remedy. At Ribley Chiropractic, we offer services that eliminate pain and correct dysfunction in the neck and spine. Our office offers techniques such as:
- Spinal decompression Spinal decompression is a kind of traction therapy that takes pressure off the spine to relieve pain. This nonsurgical treatment relieves pinched nerves and helps realign the spine.
- Massage Massage helps patients by lessening stress and increasing blood flow.
- Corrective exercises Corrective exercises help patients maintain any adjustments that have been made through at-home exercises. These exercises are similar to those you'd receive from a physical therapy treatment.
- Nutritional counseling Finally, with good nutritional counseling, patients address their whole bodies and how what they eat may affect their health. We can help by suggesting minerals and vitamins you need to help your health injuries and stay healthy.
Contact Our Office
At Ribley Chiropractic, our primary concern is our patients' health and well-being. To make an appointment, call us today at (770) 592-2505.