Can a Woodstock Chiropractor Help With Constipation?
Children and adults across Woodstock, Georgia, and other communities struggle with constipation for countless reasons. When they can’t pinpoint a cause, they try various treatment methods. But not much offers continuous symptomatic relief without getting to the root of the problem.
But what about an alternative approach? Can a chiropractor help with constipation? Read on to see what Woodstock’s top-rated chiropractor at Ribley Chiropractic recommends if regular bowel movements are a challenge.
How Chiropractic Treatments Address Abdominal Issues
Types of Constipation
Constipation or irregular bowel movements can result in excess flatulence, severe abdominal pain, bloating, and countless other disruptive symptoms. It’s uncomfortable, whether it is primary or secondary constipation.
Primary constipation refers to three subtypes as follows:
- Normal transit: Regular bowel movements with common constipation symptoms.
- Slow transit: Waste doesn’t travel as quickly through the digestive system, resulting in delayed bowel movements.
- Outlet: A pelvic floor injury obstructs the waste from passing out of the body.
Secondary constipation occurs when an unresolved medical condition influences bowel movements.
Common Causes of Constipation
Why does a person develop constipation? For myriad reasons, such as:
- Lifestyle factors (too much dairy, too little water and fiber, etc.)
- A lack of regular exercise which stimulates bodily functions
- Routine changes or other factors that induce stress
- Medical conditions
Over-the-counter drugs may ease the condition, and positive lifestyle changes will help. But can a chiropractor help with constipation when these other methods fail? Yes, they can, especially for nervous system-related causes of constipation.
Can a Chiropractor Help With Constipation In All Cases?
Nerves responsible for the digestive tract’s bowel movements begin along the spinal cord, so back injuries or muscle strains could impact these processes. For Woodstock residents that suffer from constipation due to nervous system issues, there’s great value in chiropractic treatments.
How Chiropractic Treatment Can Help
- Chiropractic adjustment: The technique improves spinal movement and function.
- Spinal decompression: If spinal discs need more room, decompression creates that space.
- Spinal manipulation: A chiropractor uses gentle force to improve vertebrae movement.
- Exercise and nutritional recommendations: Since lifestyle habits influence constipation cases in Woodstock, chiropractors include diet and exercise into the treatment plan to target the common reasons behind constipation.
Woodstock patients should go over all their symptoms and previous diagnoses with the chiropractor at length for the best results. That way, the chiropractor can provide a thoughtfully developed chiropractic treatment plan to relieve digestive issues, including irritable bowel syndrome and Crohn’s disease.
Explore Treatment Options at Ribley Chiropractic in Woodstock, Georgia
Can a chiropractor help with constipation? A team like Ribley Chiropractic provides answers and options for those who need relief from abdominal issues and more.
If you’re selecting a chiropractor, why not call Ribley Chiropractic to make an appointment in Woodstock, Georgia, or the surrounding areas?