Can a Woodstock Chiropractor Help With Plantar Fasciitis?
You rely on your feet to get you where you need to be every day. Exercising and wearing improper shoes can add pressure. Over time, this pressure can strain your feet and cause pain or discomfort.
Experiencing pain in your feet? Ribley Family Chiropractic, Woodstock’s expert chiropractic care team, can help.
Keep reading for the answer to the question, “Can a chiropractor help with plantar fasciitis?”
What’s Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis refers to damage to the plantar fascia, a band of thick tissue in your foot. This band stretches from your heel to the end of your foot. If it becomes damaged from strain or pressure, it can lead to pain and inflammation.
How Is It Caused?
Plantar fasciitis develops from excess pressure on the bottom of your foot. You may be at a higher risk for plantar fasciitis if you:
- Engage in high levels of physical activity
- Wear shoes that lack adequate arch support
- Are overweight
What Are Common Symptoms?
If you are experiencing the following symptoms, it could be Plantar Fasciitis:
- Pain walking after getting out of bed
- A stabbing feeling in the bottom of your foot
- Pain in your heel that worsens after exercise
Are you unsure if you’re suffering from plantar fasciitis? A health professional can help determine the cause of your pain or discomfort.
Can a Chiropractor Help With Plantar Fasciitis?
Chiropractic care can help minimize pain from plantar fasciitis with several treatment options. A chiropractor will:
- Perform adjustments on your feet, knees, hips, spine, and ankles
- Help you develop a stretching routine to reduce pressure and tension on your feet, which can help with inflammation that leads to plantar fasciitis
- Evaluate your posture and make changes as necessary to reduce pressure on your feet and help with pain relief
In some cases, a Woodstock chiropractor may recommend that you wear a splint. This reduces pressure and alleviates inflammation.
Other options, such as cold laser therapy, also exist. An experienced chiropractor can help you decide what is right for you.
Are There Other Benefits to Chiropractor Care in Woodstock?
Chiropractic care in Woodstock can do more than just treat your plantar fasciitis. Other benefits include:
- Stress reduction. Stress and tension can increase the pain from plantar fasciitis. Not only does chiropractic care treat the primary causes, but it also manages secondary symptoms to aid the healing process.
- Noninvasive treatment. Chiropractic care, combined with physical therapy, offers a noninvasive alternative to surgery.
- Preventative care. A Woodstock chiropractor can help you prevent your plantar fasciitis from worsening. Through stretching and massaging soft tissues, your doctor can prevent further conditions from arising.
- Whole-body care. Chiropractic care encompasses more than only treating immediate problems. Your chiropractor can help you identify the causes of your plantar fasciitis. They will then help you adjust your lifestyle and routines to prevent further issues.
Chiropractic Care for Your Plantar Fasciitis
Visit Woodstock’s expert chiropractors, Ribley Family Chiropractic, today to discuss treatment for your plantar fasciitis.
Have other questions than, “Can a chiropractor help with plantar fasciitis?” Want to learn what to do after a chiropractor adjustment? Reach out to us today.